Sunday, April 4, 2010

Leaning Tower of Cake

Normally when I make cake, I bake the cakes on one night, and then assemble and frost them the next night. This is to ensure that the cakes are all the way cooled through, and I think that the extra day helps them to dry out a bit--which is a good thing.

Last week I made a cake as a thank you and got a bit crunched on that extra baking day. So I baked the cakes and *thought* that I had given them plenty of time to cool... it turns out that I hadn't, and the cake was so moist and soft too. As I iced the outside of the cake, it just kept shifting and sliding.

Long story short, I ended up with the cake below in my efforts to exaggerate the failure so that it didn't just look BAD. The resulting leaning tower of cake was actually quite stable.



1 comment:

  1. Hey out there, if we didn't know better, one would think you have too much time on your hands!
    Love these latest additions to the album of Sweet Contraptions. Helene & Kerry

    ReplyDelete